Raise A Concern

If you believe that your personal data has been processed in a way contrary to data protection law, you can raise this formally with us and file a complaint.

Before filing a complaint, however, you may wish to consider whether this is the best solution for you at this stage and the Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner also gives you the opportunity to indicate that you would like to try and resolve matters amicably with the data controller and to submit a request for an amicable resolution (“Amicable Resolution”).

Our Amicable Resolution process involves the relevant Caseworker acting as an intermediary between you and the data controller, trying to see whether our intervention can help resolve the data protection concerns you’ve raised. This process is designed to take place over 12 weeks although it may be extended with the agreement of both parties.

If the parties reach a successful Amicable Resolution, JOIC will consider matters concluded and that will be the end of the matter. If, however, an Amicable Resolution attempt fails (either in whole or in part), the Caseworker will ask you whether you want to convert matters into a formal complaint. (Please note that if significant matters come to light during the course of the Amicable Resolution that suggest significant compliance issues on the part of the relevant controller it may decide to conduct a formal inquiry of its own volition. This is a separate process, and wouldn’t usually involve you.). How would you like to proceed? Please select one of the options below:

If you would like to report a breach, submit a complaint or submit an enquiry, please click on the relevant link on our Contact page.

Alternatively, please email enquiries@jerseyoic.org or call 01534 716530 between 8:45am and 5pm (Monday to Friday) and a member of our team will assist you.