[Your full address]
[Your phone number]
[Your email address]
[Data Protection Officer / Data Protection Lead]
[Name of the organisation]
[Address of the organisation]
[Reference number (if applicable)]
Dear [Sir or Madam / name of the person you have been in contact with]
Right to erasure
Under Article 32 of the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 I am entitled to the Right to Erasure of personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds apply:-
• the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
• I withdraw consent for the data to be processed and there is no other legal ground for the processing;
• I object to the processing of my data – as I believe there are no overriding legitimate grounds or reasons of public interest for the processing;
• the personal data have been unlawfully processed;
• the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation under the relevant law to which the controller is subject;
• the personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services directly to a child who is unable to give valid consent.
[Give details of what information you consider is being held, explaining clearly and simply why you feel it should be erased.]
I understand that before reporting the matter to the Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner (JOIC) I should first give you the opportunity to remove the requested information, or explain the rationale for why it is continuing to be held and processed.
If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner can assist you. There is guidance on the website at www.jerseyoic.org or you can call them on 01534 716530.
Please send a full response within 4 weeks. If you cannot respond within that timescale, please tell me when you will be able to respond.
If there is anything you would like to discuss, please contact me on the following number [telephone number] or email me at [email address].
Yours faithfully / sincerely,
[Your full name]
Check out the guidance notes and step-by-step infographics for more detailed help.