1. In August 2022, the Complainant requested certain information via the Government of Jersey (GoJ) website relating to the myRegistry portal for the Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC) (the Request).
2. The GoJ’s Central FOI Unit (the Unit) wrote to the complainant indicating that a) the requested information was not held by the GoJ; and (b) advising that, in any event, the JFSC is not a scheduled public authority for the purposes of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 (the FOI Law) (the Response).
3. The Complainant did not agree with the Response and requested an internal review on 7 September 2022 (the IR Request).
4. The GoJ responded to the IR Request on 4 October 2022 (the Internal Review).
5. The Complainant did not agree with the outcome of the Internal Review and so appealed to the Information Commissioner (the Commissioner) on 4 October 2022 (the Appeal).
6. The Commissioner’s decision is that:
a. the information requested by the Complainant is not held by the GoJ to whom the Request was addressed; and
b. JFSC is not a scheduled public authority for the purposes of the FOI Law and the appeal is not upheld.