Health and Community Services
- On 11 February 2019, the Complainant requested certain information from Health & Community Services (the SPA) relating to insurance cover for compensation paid by the Government of Jersey in respect of certain personal injury claims (the Request).
- The SPA wrote to the complainant on 29 March 2019 (the Initial Response) stating that the information sought was being withheld (the Withheld Information), citing the exemptions at Arts.26, 33 and 34 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 (the Law). The Complainant did not agree with the Initial Response and requested an internal review on 8 April 2019 (the IR Request).
- The SPA did not respond to the IR Request and the Complainant appealed to the Information Commissioner (the Commissioner) seeking a review of the manner in which the Request had been handled, including the failure to respond to the IR Request.
- Following intervention by the Commissioner, the SPA responded to the IR Request on 22 August 2019 (the Internal Review).
- The Complainant did not agree with the outcome of the Internal Review and appealed to the Information Commissioner (the Commissioner) on 16 September 2019 (the Appeal).
- The Commissioner’s decision is that the SPA has complied with some of the requirements of the Law but not complied with others. However, there are no further steps the Commissioner requires the SPA to take.