Justice and Home Affairs
- On 7 December 2019, the Complainant requested certain information from Justice and Home Affairs (the SPA) relating to disciplinary complaints made against the Chief Officer and the Deputy Chief Officer of the States of Jersey Police (SOJP) for the period January 2000 – December 2019 (the Request).
- The SPA wrote to the complainant on 9 January 2020 (the Response) stating that the information sought in the Request was being withheld (the Withheld Information), citing the exemptions at Arts.23, 25 and 26 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 (the Law). The Complainant did not agree with the Response and requested an internal review later that same day (the IR Request).
- The SPA responded to the IR Request on 26 February 2020 (the Internal Review).
- The Complainant did not agree with outcome of the Internal Review and issued an appeal to the Information Commissioner (the Commissioner) on 2 March 2020 (the Appeal).
- The Commissioner’s decision is to that the appeal is not upheld. There are no further steps the SPA needs to take.